We seek an Analyst with Microscopy Experience for full time or part time employment with an employee-owned company
- Preparation and analysis of filters for fiber concentration in air using Phase Contrast Microscopy (PCM – NIOSH 7400 or equivalent methods).
- Preparation and analysis of solid bulk materials for asbestos by polarized light microscopy (PLM – NIOSH 9002 or equivalent methods).
- Identify asbestos fibers, non-asbestos fibers, and non-fibrous materials in bulk samples.
- Sample data reporting
- Participation in proficiency rounds required for laboratory accreditation/certification
- US citizenship required
- BS or AS in geology, biology, chemistry or other science field
- Optical microscopy experience; polarized light microscopy a plus
- Knowledge of Laboratory Safety Requirements
- Microsoft Excel and Word experience
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to obtain DOE security clearance
Job-sharing is a possibility with this position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Full time employees eligible for company stock ownership after one year of employment. Electron microscopy experience is a plus. Ability to obtain a security clearance is a plus.