Demonstrations and evaluations of environmental technologies on hazardous and/or radioactive materials require not only access to the expertise in handling these materials but also regulatory authority to work with the materials. MCLinc provides resources to facilitate the demonstration and/or evaluation of existing and emerging technologies.
Support can be provided for lab-, bench-, or pilot-scale demonstrations. Some demonstrations that have utilized the MCLinc expertise include:
- Soil washing: remediation of FUSWRAP sites
- Asbestos remediation
- Incinerator trial and performance burns
- Transportable Vitrification System (TVS) for waste processing
- Conversion methods for Thorium Nitrate
- Long-term, low temperature gas phase decontamination process
- Zero valence metals for contaminant collection and control
MCLinc is a valuable resource for evaluation and demonstration of technologies which may be beneficial for mitigating environmental legacies or supporting pollution prevention initiatives. For example, our services can establish a technology application for specific contaminant or matrices ensuring a successful demonstration. This independent evaluation can help alleviate several of the challenges involved in introducing a concept or product to the marketplace.