Reports To: Laboratory Manager
Under limited supervision perform the following duties:
- Sample preparation and testing in the inorganic department of laboratory
- Develop and setup methods for analysis of trace analytes in environmental and process samples
- Prepare and review Standard Operating Procedures related to one’s work
- Evaluate data and prepare reports
- Maintain QA/QC records for the metals department
- Assist in tracking, storing, and disposal of laboratory samples
- Perform instrument maintenance functions with focus on ICP-OES and ICP-MS
- Other duties as assigned in support of laboratory operations.
- Basic knowledge of Chemistry, BS or AA in Chemistry Required
- Knowledge of Laboratory Safety Requirements
- Basic knowledge of Computerized Data Systems
- Experience (2-4 years) with ICP Instrumentation
- Ability to obtain DOE security clearance
- Physically able to perform the basic duties as outlined above
- U.S. Citizenship Required
Salary depends on experience.
Normal schedule is 5 days per week, 8 hours per day. Flexible hours may be required to cover overlapping work shifts.